The company was formed in 1932 in Columbus, Georgia by A. F. “Ted” Woolard and O. D. Bonner as a partnership d.b.a. as Columbus Plastering Company.
Off to War
The company ceased operations from 1940 until 1945 because the principals served the country during the Second World War.
In 1949 the company headquarters was moved to Montgomery.
Grandpa had a Vision
In 1952 Mr. A. F. Woolard purchased the interest of Mr. Bonner and continued the business as a sole proprietor, still doing business as Columbus Plastering Company.
Grandpa passed away
Mr. A. F. Woolard died in 1964 at the age of 53 and was succeeded by his son, Fred Woolard, who was 23 years old at the time.
Dad paid his dues
Working for his mother, Fred Woolard completed the contractual obligations of his father and then formed Columbus Plastering Company, Inc. in 1966.
The Family Business Grows
In 1970 Fred Woolard and his younger brother, Gary Woolard, formed Woolard Brothers Plastering Co.
Woolard Brothers Inc.
In 1989 the two brothers incorporated under the name of Woolard Brothers, Inc.
In 1996 Paul Woolard, the son of Fred Woolard, was brought into the company. Paul joining his father & uncle made for a three year generational span.
Woolard Brothers Commercial Contracting, Inc.
Fred & Gary formed Woolard Brothers Commercial Contracting, Inc.
The Woolard Brothers Retire
On December 31, 2007 Fred & Gary Woolard retired. The Woolard Brothers sold their interest in the company to Paul, Fred’s son, and Greg Bozeman, a longtime employee and stockholder of the company.
Woolard Brothers Commercial Contracting, Inc. continues to actively work in commercial subcontracting jobs all over Alabama. All their completed & current work can be seen in the company’s portfolio. Greg Bozeman serves as Secretary of the company & Paul Woolard continues the family legacy as President of Woolard Brothers Commercial Contracting, Inc.